Share your second hand finds on Twitter and Instagram with #SecondHandSeptember to be entered into Oxfam’s prize draw to win prizes each week
Every week 11 million items of clothing end up in landfill. Throwaway fashion is putting increasing pressure on our planet and its people – it’s unsustainable. Now there’s something you can do to help. Join Second Hand September and pledge to say no to new clothes for 30 days.
SHARE YOUR SECOND HAND FINDS AND WIN!
Oxfam wants you to share your second hand finds or upcycled items during Second Hand September for a chance to win some fantastic prizes.
TO ENTER THIS PRIZE DRAW:
- Share a photo of your best second hand find or upcycle on either Twitter or Instagram
- Use the hashtag #SecondHandSeptember
- Tag @OxfamGB in the caption
All posts using the hashtag and tag will be entered into Oxfam prize draw and a winner will be randomly drawn each Friday during September.
The draw will open Sunday 1st September 2019 and close at 10:00am Friday 27th September. Multiple entries will be counted so share your finds throughout the month for more chances to win! Winners will be contacted via their chosen social media platform.
Terms and conditions
- By entering this prize draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Oxfam a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales (612172) and a registered charity in England & Wales (202918) and Scotland (SC039042) with registered office at Oxfam House, John Smith Drive. Cowley Oxford OX4 2JY.
- All UK residents excluding residents of Northern Ireland are eligible to enter.
- Entrants must be 16 years of age or over.
- To enter, participants must share an image on Instagram or Twitter of their favourite second hand find or upcycle project, tag @OxfamGB in the caption and use the hashtag #SecondHandSeptember
- Entries will be entered into all future draws during September and multiple entries will be counted. Previous winners will be excluded from future draws.
- The prize draw opens at 8:00am Sunday 1st September and closes at 10:00am on Friday 27th September.
- A winner will be drawn at random each Friday during September with a total of four winners.
- Each winner will be contacted by 10:15am via direct message on their chosen social media account and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond within 24 hours of being notified by Oxfam, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Oxfam shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 24 hours or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Oxfam shall be entitled to select another winner.
- Oxfam’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- A mystery prize will be awarded each week.
- No cash alternative can be substituted.
- The receipt by the winning entrants of any of the prize components is conditional upon compliance by the winner with these rules. Winning entrants may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of these rules and other terms and conditions, consents or releases relating to the prizes.
- Oxfam shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performing its obligations to the winners if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control. Neither shall Oxfam be liable to the winners for any loss or damage suffered in connection with this prize draw and/or the prize, save in respect of death or personal injury caused by the negligence or fraud of Oxfam.
- 15. Oxfam reserves the right to make any reasonable amendments to these terms and conditions at any stage. In this event, a notice will be posted on https://www.oxfamapps.org.uk/secondhandseptember
- As a condition of entering the prize draw, entrants must ensure that, by doing so, they do not contravene any laws of their country of residence. Oxfam will not be liable in any way if any entrant enters the prize draw unlawfully.
- The winners will be asked to make their social tag and winning image available for OxfamGB to share across their social channels. All other entrants may also be contacted by Oxfam.
- This prize draw and these Ts&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
- By participating you hereby release Instagram and Twitter from any and all liability associated with this promotion.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter.