Five Colors for 2020 (and their evolution!)
Welcome, dear Neo Mint, Purist Blue, Cassis, Cantaloupe and Mellow Yellow!
Colors are the first element in fashion design that drives the behavior of a consumer. When a woman (well, more than 70% of buyers are women, so, gender matters here for us) enters a store or access e-commerce, the first thing that catches her attention is the color. After that, she chooses the shape, size, price, discount, etc.
Colors matters. Colors are a business. Usually, they are defined two years in advance by the main players. To mention some of these players, WGSN, Pantone and Coloro defined five main colors for 2020. They are:
- Neo Mint – mint green (Read in Portuguese: Neo Mint: a cor eleita de 2020 )
- Purist Blue – classic deep blue
- Cassis – grey purple red
- Cantaloupe – papaya light orange
- Mellow Yellow – retro yellow
Check a presentation for the top 5 Colors of 2020:
Time magazine did an introduction to the mood of Classic Blue. This color was chosen by Pantone mainly because it expresses confidence. According to Laurie Pressman, Vice President of the Pantone Color Institute,
We’re returning to classics because everything has been chaotic in the world. It’s not about doing it like you did in the past, but reinterpreting it.
The website Phormag dod a timeline for the evolution of the colors.
You can find more information about this in the Fashion Marketing and Product Development areas.
- Time Magazine – Pantone’s Color of the Year Is a Comforting Start to 2020. Here’s What to Know About the Choice
- Fashion Trendsetter – FULL COLORS – Pantone LLC, a global authority on color and provider of professional color standards for the design industries, announced the Pantone Fashion Color Trend Report Spring/Summer 2020 edition for London Fashion Week
- Phormag – Here is the color of the year 2020
Check our previous posts in Portuguese: