Volunteer Fundraising Lead to Grow Ethical and Sustainable Fashion — VIRTUAL with Animana & Hecho por nosotros
Company NameAshoka ; Location Amsterdam, NL
Ashoka Fellows are leading social entrepreneurs that have been taken through a rigorous selection process, testing the quality of their ideas and character, to become part of the Ashoka Fellowship and Network. Ashoka Fellows take on the challenges of building innovative system change ideas to make and spread social impact in a world wrought with challenges. They refuse to let the ‘impossible’ stand in their way to creating a better world.This is an unpaid, volunteer opportunity
Check it out the opportunity at: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1814852715/
About The Affiliated Organization
“The textile industry involves all of society from local to global – from consumers to producers, artisans, businesses, designers, communicators, among others. It builds dreams and profits, but is also responsible for modern slavery and the second most polluting industry in the world. For this reason, it’s one of the most impactful spaces to work within to transform the contemporary world” Adriana Marina, Ashoka Fellow and founder of Hecho por Nosotros (Made By Us).
The social enterprise Animaná Hecho porNosotros is an NGO with consultative status in the United Nations and World Trade Organization. We work to promote sustainability in the world of fashion, with a strong focus on research and education projects to understand the industry and its problems and to find comprehensive solutions for creating the new paradigm of a sustainable fashion industry. We are advocating, promoting, educating, and committed to influence decision makers at national, regional and at the highest international level to bring the controversies of the fashion industry into the spotlight and to eventually work together for a sustainable future. Over the years we have worked with more than 80 organisations, including Fabric of Change, UNESCO, Ashoka, BID Network, European Union, as well as local governments from Argentina, Peru, Bolivia and Mexico, and international organisations advocating for sustainable and ethical fashion, such as Ecotece (Brazil), Universal Love (France), Ethical Fashion Forum and Common Objective (UK), as well as with a network of professionals of design and sustainability around the world. We are a platform that provides tools and opportunities encouraging: companies to look into the principles of sustainability; consumers to be more conscious; and students to look to their future as agents of change. Our work includes:
- Portraying the fashion industry as a platform to advance sustainable development
- Education and promotion of concepts of sustainable fashion and development
- Analysing themes related to sustainable and ethical fashion
- Creating bridges between ethical fashion from Latin America and international markets
- Creating and promoting networks and collaboration to advance this new paradigm and sustainable fashion
We have been working for years at the construction of a network of resources about principles of sustainability, ethical production and commercialisation in Latin America and beyond. Hecho por Nosotros wants to serve as a reference and as a link between different actors (entrepreneurs, academics, craftsmen, students, citizens, NGOs, INGOs, States, United Nations, etc.). We aim to join together all stakeholders, with each contributing information and analysis of the fashion industry from different perspectives. In this way, we can begin to shift the paradigm of the fashion industry and work together for a more sustainable world. Here’s your chance to work with Animana & Hecho por nosotros! For more information, please visit: WWW.ANIMANAONLINE.COM
For more information, please visit https://hechoxnosotros.wordpress.com/
Hecho por Nosotros is growing fast and we are looking for new funding sources to support our development. We rely on several incredible volunteers who continue to bless us with their time and skills and have helped us get to where we are today. However, our funding does not correspond with the magnitude and breadth of our work and we are seeking new funds to take Hecho por Nosotros to the next stage. We are one of the most impactful organizations and in the textile sustainability space and believe that we are positioned to attract financial resources from institutions, companies, and individuals interested in contributing to make an impact in the world. The funds will primarily be used to cover our operations and logistics costs and will be crucial to attract and retain new talent that can catalyze our growth.
Estimated hours required per week: 10
The estimated duration of the project is: 6-12 months
This position is Virtual
Desired Skills And Experience
- We are looking for someone with proven success in fundraising for nonprofits. Specifically, this person should have experience applying to grants, contacting donors and potential partners, an understanding of financial aid for NGOs ideally in the field of sustainability.
- Candidates should have excellent writing and communication skills, attention to detail, organizational and great interpersonal skills. Additionally, experience with project proposals, grant applications, and fundraising are highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and negotiation skills.
- Strategic and System thinking
- Excellent influence skills with top key players from the System, public, private and civil society sectors
- Ability to identify and take advantage of new opportunities, best practices and potential partnerships taking into consideration business objectives and key stakeholders’ expectations.
- Ability to establish and build solid relationships with relevant audiences at all management levels.
- Ability to understand and explain complex issues in a simple manner
- Outstanding institutional and public affairs network knowledge and understanding
- Advanced level in English.
Linkedin for Good Volunteering
- Information Technology & Services
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Financial Services