Vacancy: Sustainability Product Intern at Karl Lagerfeld
About the job
KARL LAGERFELD COMPANY PROFILE
The House of KARL LAGERFELD shares the iconic vision and design aesthetic of its founder, Karl Lagerfeld, fused with a contemporary, forward-looking spirit. The brand celebrates his colossal legacy and breathes his passion, intuition and inexhaustible creativity into the core of its DNA.
Featuring Parisian-inspired classics with a rock-chic attitude, the KARL LAGERFELD portfolio includes ready-to-wear for women, men and kids, plus bags, small leather goods, footwear, fragrances, eyewear and more. The Maison’s creative vision is led by Design Director Hun Kim; additional members of the KARL family include Style Advisor Carine Roitfeld, brand ambassador Sebastien Jondeau and collaborator Amber Valletta, amongst others.
KARL LAGERFELD connects with consumers at more than 200 stores worldwide, with key locations in Paris, London, Munich, Moscow, Dubai and Shanghai. The brand also has a premium wholesale network and robust digital presence in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, while the KARL.COM flagship store reaches 96 countries.
In 2019, KARL LAGERFELD joined the Fashion Pact, a global sustainability initiative seeking to transform the fashion industry through objectives in three areas: climate, biodiversity and ocean protection
JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Provide key support in sustainability activities and administration within the Karl Lagerfeld product teams.
- Collect certifications on fabric level
- Check certifications on validity
- Update product sustainability tracker and ensure all information is complete and received on time
- Track and trace RSL and performance testing reports and being responsible for documenting/filing the information in designated areas.
- Work with suppliers to implement more sustainable practices
- Support product team in administrative tasks in regards of sustainability
- Research new innovations for product and supplychain
- Support product development and production team when needed
- Support in reaching CSR and sustainability goals throughout product
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Broad and deep knowledge about sustainability, innovations, fabrics and product development.
- Extremely organized.
- Excellent communication skills.
- International experience.
- No 9/6 mentality.
- Master in excel and other office programs.
- Bachelor degree in fashion or environmental/sustainability degrees.
- Preferably starting as soon as possible and be available for at least six month.
- It is a requirement that the candidate is enrolled in a university or school program.