Love the Amazon rainforest
Welcome to a selection of beautiful images from the Amazon rainforest. These images are like a souvenir from Google Images. They do not represent what can be found in the Western Amazon, states of Acre and Rondônia, in Brazil, neither in Peru and Bolivia.
“In 2017, when I first went to the Amazon rainforest, I was looking for rubber trees (for my PhD research). But I found death. The forest is dying. Deforestation is everywhere. Cattle is everywhere”. – Luciana Duarte
We – as a society, as collective, as humankind – are killing the forest to have more meat on our plate, more furniture made of beautiful wood, more mines to serve the urbanization. But can we stop or, at least, can we avoid the deforestation in the Amazon?
How can we save the Amazon?
Develop simple habits:
- eat less meat;
- become a vegetarian (don’t need to do this right now, but put this as a goal in life);
- plant a tree every year;
- talk to friends and family to eat less meat and to plant more trees;
- prefer alternative materials instead of wood (and plastic);
- reuse more your own stuff, share more, rent more;
- spread the message to protect our forest, our home, our planet;
- consume more images of the Amazon rainforest, do not consume the forest.
Support NGOs that contribute to sustainable development in the Amazon:
If you are the author of any image, please contact us, so we can credit it: firstname.lastname@example.org