Logbook Sep 2019: technology in The Hague for our website
Some random new notes about what is trendy, written in a personal blog style
– Welcome to some particular notes about technology, based on my first 20 days living in The Hague, in The Netherlands.
I’m facing some problems with our website Ethical Fashion Brazil. It seems that the server in Brazil is not working so fast, at least not in Europe. So I decided to expand my network of programmers. Although I have an amazing team that works for me in Brazil, the guys from iJunior (a junior computer company, based in the Federal University of Minas Gerais), I contacted three programmers here in The Hague, one from Pakistan, other from Canada, and the last one from France. They helped me a lot with some bits of advice. It is always a blessing to learn from different cultures and perspectives.
Here go some helpful links for me to remember in the future. Maybe they can help more people, too.
- Startup Tuesday The Hague: an event with drinks to create network and share experience with other entrepreneurs, webdesigners, CEOs, etc. It happens every Tuesday in different places.
- World Startup Factory: an organization that supports founders in building successful ventures.
- The Hague Tech: a hub with a diverse and forward-thinking community and a platform for innovation. It is a nice building.
- Solar Monkey: an example of successful startup based in one kind of service, a software that simplifies solar sales.
- Impact City: some help and guidance to make business in The Hague.
- Startup The Hague: introduction to many office square meters in The Hague. I can find several places to work.
- Angel.Co: a platform to get a job and share experience.
- Truvalu-Startups: an organization that builds competitive, inclusive agri-food businesses and fair value chains in emerging markets in South and Southeast Asia, Africa and Latin America for social impact, economic returns and to provide consumers with fair and honest food products. I connect with another Brazilian, Pedro.
- Shopify: an easy platform to create an e-store.
- Netlify: an easy and trendy webserver.
- Cyber Ghost VPN: a temporary VPN that I am using, while we don’t discover what is happening with our server in Brazil. When we tried to reach from Austria, it failed, the website was still slow. But when we tried to reach from Brazil, it worked perfectly.
- The Hague Business Agency: offers tailor-made advice to companies considering to establish, relocate or expand their business in The Hague. Free of charge. 115 companies assisted in 2018.
- Statista: business data platform.
- Cool Blue: a fast service of delivery and post office in The Netherlands.
- Monday: content and tasks management.
- Slack: activities management.
- The Event Company: organizes events.
- Starter Kit: a startup created by students to offer kits with survival items for students that just move to a different city.
By the way, The Hague is in top five fastest-growing tech hubs in Europe. It is good to be here for one year and make Ethical Fashion happen not only in Brazil, but also in Europe.